Encana selects new CEO, Rick George joins Penn West, 2013 Rozsa Awards
by Alberta Venture Staff
Are you proud of an event your organization put on, or looking to get the word out about some exciting news? Let us know: email@example.com.
Following the retirement of Randy Eresman earlier this year, Encana has selected former BP executive Doug Suttles as its new CEO. Suttles replaces interim CEO Clayton Woitas, who becomes chairman of the board.
- Talisman Energy has chosen Paul Smith as its new COO. Smith has been with Talisman since 2009, and was most recently the executive vice-president, North America.
- Rick George, the former CEO of Suncor, has been appointed chairman of the board of Penn West Petroleum
- Pulse Seismic has selected Trevor Meier as its new vice-president of sales and marketing. The company has also appointed Robert Robotti as the new chair of its board.
- J. Terry McCoy, interim CEO of Arcan Resources, has assumed the chief executive role permanently. The company has also promoted Mark Smith to COO.
- Brian Murray, president and CEO of Pro-Trans Ventures, has resigned. Darby Kreitz, the chairman of the board, will act as interim president and CEO until a suitable replacement is found.
- Wolfgang Muhs has resigned as chairman of the board of Innovotech, an Edmonton-based biotech company. Kerry Brown has been selected as the new chairman of the board.
- Flyht Aerospace Solutions has selected Derek Graham as its new COO. Graham previously worked at a major avionics manufacturer in product line development and management.
- Thomas Claugus, president of GMT Capital, has been appointed the chairman of the board of Strategic Oil and Gas. Arn Schoch, a founding member of the company, has stepped down from the board and has been replaced by Rodger Hawkins. Gurpreet Sawhney, president and CEO of Strategic, has also been elected to the board.
The Business of Art The 2013 Rozsa Awards, handed out at Calgary’s Jack Singer Hall in June, recognized the business managers who keep Alberta’s arts organizations afloat. Erin O’Connor, the executive director of One Yellow Rabbit Performance Theatre, won the Rozsa Award for Excellence in Arts Management for her work on a new strategic plan. Also recognized were Annemarie Petrov, the executive director of the Edmonton Symphony and the Winspear Centre, and Linda Wedman, the COO of The Works International Visual Arts Society. “They’re often overlooked (in the arts community),” Mary Rozsa de Coquet, chairman and president of the Rozsa Foundation, told the Calgary Herald, “and they’re certainly overlooked as business people – and really, their contribution is invaluable.”
Remember, you can send your notices of awards or appointments to firstname.lastname@example.org.Related