New Deans for the U of A’s Faculty of Business, SAIT’s MacPhail School of Energy
Alberta Venture salutes those individuals and companies that have been singled out for recognition of their accomplishments
by Alberta Venture Staff
Are you proud of an event your organization put on, or looking to get the word out about some exciting news? Let us know: email@example.com.
• GasFrac Energy Services has announced the appointments of Jim Hill as CEO and Tim O’Rourke as COO. Hill was previously the acting CEO, and has held positions with Nowsco Well Services and Complete Production Services. O’Rourke joined GasFrac in 2010, and was most recently the vice-president of operations.
• The University of Alberta’s Board of Governors has appointed Joseph Doucet as Dean of the Faculty of Business. Doucet has been the interim dean since 2011, and has been with the University of Alberta for over 10 years.
• Cameron Hercus, formerly the director of exploration and new growth at Vermilion Energy, has joined Baytex Energy as its vice-president of corporate development. Baytex has also appointed Mary Ellen Peters as a director of the company.
• SAIT Polytechnic has announced Dave Osborne as the new dean of the MacPhail School of Energy. Osborne was most recently the COO of CEDA International and has an MBA from the University of Calgary.
• Alexander Wylie, vice-president of finance and CFO of Renegade Petroleum, has left the company. He is replaced by controller Mark Lobello, who will act as interim CFO.
• Robert Maitland has replaced James Wilson on the board of directors of Rock Energy. Maitland currently sits on the boards of Perpetual Energy and GasFrac Energy Services.
• Gary McCullough, a partner with the Calgary- based wealth management firm Richardson GMP, was appointed to the board of directors of the Alberta Peloton Association. The APA is organizing the Tour of Alberta professional cycling event this month.
• John Van de Pol has been appointed Painted Pony Petroleum’s vice-president of finance and CFO following the retirement of Joan Dunne. Van de Pol was most recently the president and CEO of Rock Energy.
For young entrepreneurs looking for a way to save the world, the Canadian Water Network and Canadian non-profit organization Waterlution are hosting the Water Innovation Lab 2013. The conference, taking place at the Tim Horton Children’s Ranch in Kananaskis from September 26 to 29, will divide participants into two possible “streams,” to work on water-related startup ideas or learn about creating a constructive dialogue about water issues. Guests include Graham Daborn, the director of the Acadia Centre for Estuarine Research and Patrick Leslie, the director of technology and innovation at Integrated Sustainability.
Let us know about your big news by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.