The Spotlight: Notes from around the business community
Alberta Venture salutes those individuals and companies that have been singled out for recognition of their accomplishments
CWC Well Services has announced the appointment of Ryan Michaluk as its new CFO. Michaluk was previously the CFO of IROC Energy Services. He is replacing resigning CFO Kevin Howell.
- Champion Bear Resources has appointed Audrey Och as its new chief financial officer. Och was previously an independent consultant with over 30 years of experience.
- Seair Diffusion Systems has accepted the resignation of president and CEO Richard Charron. The company has also hired Jim Laird as its new CFO, replacing outgoing CFO Greg Marr. Marr will remain with the company to oversee operations.
- David O’Brien has stepped down as the chairman of Encana’s board of directors. He will remain a director of the company. Clayton Woitas has assumed the role of chairman.
- Allen Cameron, the president of Cordy Oilfield Services, and Bob Brunt, the COO, have both resigned.
- Tuscany Energy has selected Charles Teare as its executive vice-president and CFO. Teare is currently a member of the board of directors, and was previously the executive vice-president and CFO in 2010.
- Newly formed oil and gas company Nexxco Energy has announced the appointment of its executive team and chairman of the board, as follows: Thomas Greschner, president and CEO; Kevin Hall, executive vice-president and COO; Tanis James, vice-president of finance and CFO; and Thomas Greschner, chairman.
- Hyperion Energy has appointed Leif Snethun to its board of directors. Snethun is a professional geologist and has previously worked with many other junior exploration and production companies, including Bolt Energy and Canadian Superior Energy.
- Bob Rooney has resigned from the board of MGM Energy. Rooney has been a director of the company since its formation in 2007.
The Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel will host RemTech, the Remediation Technologies Symposium, from October 16 to 18, 2013. Designed for environmental professionals, the event covers the latest technologies and advances in soil and water remediation. RemTech is hosted by the Environmental Services Association of Alberta, and features keynotes by Jane Goodall, Brian Keating and Boris Faybishenko. Panel topics will include oil sands remediation, decommissioning industrial assets, risk and site assessments and bioremediation. An app is available for iPhone, Android and Blackberry phones with event schedules and hotel and exhibitor information.
Send your notices of awards or appointments here.