Contractor of the Year Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Celebrate the achievements of your team!
Being identified as Contractor of the Year will cement the importance and quality of your company in the minds of business decision-makers throughout Alberta. Your company will receive immediate recognition as a key player in Alberta’s construction community. Successful applicants will:
- Be featured in our May issue of Alberta Venture, the Alberta issue of Open Mind, and online at albertaventure.com. Your story will reach +200,000 business decision-makers through print and online exposure.
- Receive two VIP invites to the Contractor of the Year Awards Gala in Calgary.
- Receive a coupon for 25 free job posts on VentureJobs.ca
Celebrate the achievements of your employees and company and reign for an entire year as one of Alberta’s top contractors!
Click here to access the submission form.
Yes, click here.
Trade Contractor of the Year ( 2 Awards)
- Under $15 million annual revenue
- Over $15 million annual revenue
General Contractor of the Year (3 Awards)
- Under $50 million annual revenue
- $50 to $250 million annual revenue
- $250+ million annual revenue
Heavy Civil Contractor of the Year (1 Award)
Eligibility and Adjudication Questions
To be eligible, companies must complete all parts of the submission form and meet the following criteria:
- Companies must sell construction services, employ trades people, and/or contract out labour supply in the industrial, commercial, institutional, residential, civil, road building or oilfield construction sectors.
- Companies must have their head office in Canada and a branch office in Alberta.
- Public and private companies are eligible.
- All decisions of the selection panel are final.
The Contractor of the Year Awards are adjudicated by an independent panel of industry, governmental, and post-secondary individuals. To ensure unbiased selection, Alberta Venture, Merit Contractors, and ARHCA are not represented on the award selection panel. The construction champions selected will be those businesses that have the highest score based on the selection criteria.
Adjudication will take place in late January. Nominees may be contacted by members of the Alberta Venture editorial and design team for additional information or photo shoots. Finalists will be notified in mid-February. Winners will be revealed at the Contractor of the Year Awards Gala.
This year’s Awards Gala will be in April 2014 in Calgary. All nominees will receive two tickets to the Awards Gala.
If you have additional questions on how to complete the submission package or the adjudication process, please call 780-990-0839 ext 243 or email email@example.com