Contractor of the Year Submissions 2016
The Contractor of the Year Awards continue to celebrate the success and achievements of construction companies throughout Alberta. With seven award categories, including Construction Person of the Year, finalists will receive immediate recognition as a key player in the construction industry. Check out last year’s winners
Nominations for Contractor of the Year are closed for 2016. To be notified about 2017 nominations click here
Celebrate the achievements of your team!
Finalists receive extensive media exposure and are honoured by industry leaders at an exclusive awards gala. Being identified as Contractor of the Year will cement the importance and quality of your company in the minds of business decision-makers throughout Alberta.
- Are featured in the May issue of Alberta Venture and on AlbertaVenture.com, reaching a print and digital audience of 210,000+
- Receive a pre-release copy of the magazines featuring profiles of Contractor of the Year winners and finalists
- Receive one free ticket to the Contractor of the Year Awards Gala
- Get to brag about the recognition by using the Best Workplaces logo on your website, in your email and on social media
Of course, the best reason to apply is to celebrate the achievements of your team and reign for an entire year as one of Alberta’s top contractors!
Trade Contractor of the Year (2 Awards)
- Under $15 million annual revenue
- Over $15 million annual revenue
General Contractor of the Year (3 Awards)
- Under $50 million annual revenue
- $50 million to $250 million annual revenue
- $250+ million annual revenue
Heavy Civil Contractor of the Year (1 Award)
To be eligible, companies must complete all parts of the submission form and meet the following criteria:
- Companies must sell construction services, employ trades people, and/or contract out labour supply in the industrial, commercial, institutional, residential, civil, road building or oilfield construction sectors.
- Companies must have their head office within Canada and a branch office in Alberta. Public and private companies are eligible.
The company selected will have achieved the highest score based on the selection criteria. All decisions of the adjudication panel are final.
The Contractor of the Year Awards are adjudicated by an independent panel of industry, governmental, and post-secondary figures. To ensure unbiased selection, Alberta Venture and Merit Contractors are not on the awards selection committee.
- Application Deadline – January 10, 2017
- Judging will take place in late January. Runners up will be notified in mid-February. Winners will be revealed at the Contractor of the Year Awards Gala in April 2017 in Edmonton.
- May 1, 2017 – The May issue of Alberta Venture will be published in print and online.
- The Contractor of the Year Awards Gala will be held in Edmonton in April 2017 – Your team will be honoured by industry leaders at an exclusive awards gala.
Attend the big reveal in April 2017 in Edmonton – plus, be inspired by the keynote address from the Construction Person of the Year.
If you have questions please call 780-990-0839 ext 244 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have additional questions, please call 780-990-0839 ext 243 or email email@example.com