Contractor of the Year Submissions 2016
Nearly $220 billion in major projects are under construction or planned in Alberta over the next decade and it is construction companies like yours that are integral to the province’s overall success. The Contractor of the Year Awards continues to celebrate the success and achievements of construction companies throughout Alberta. With seven award categories, including Construction Person of the Year, finalists will receive immediate recognition as a key player in the construction community.
Nominations for Contractor of the Year are closed for 2016. To be notified about 2017 nominations click here
Celebrate the achievements of your team!
Finalists receive extensive media exposure and are honoured by industry leaders at an exclusive awards gala. Being identified as Contractor of the Year will cement the importance and quality of your company in the minds of business decision-makers throughout Alberta. Successful applicants will:
- Be featured in the May issue of Alberta Venture, the Alberta issue of Open Mind, and online at albertaventure.com. Your story will reach +210,000 business decision-makers through print and online exposure.
- Receive two VIP tickets to the Contractor of the Year Awards Gala on April 21, 2016 at the Westin Calgary.
- Receive a coupon for 25 free job posts on VentureJobs.ca
Of course, the best reason to apply is to celebrate the achievements of your team and reign for an entire year as one of Alberta’s top contractors!
Trade Contractor of the Year (2 Awards)
- Under $15 million annual revenue
- Over $15 million annual revenue
General Contractor of the Year (3 Awards)
- Under $50 million annual revenue
- $50 million to $250 million annual revenue
- $250+ million annual revenue
Heavy Civil Contractor of the Year (1 Award)
To be eligible, companies must complete all parts of the submission form and meet the following criteria:
- Companies must sell construction services, employ trades people, and/or contract out labour supply in the industrial, commercial, institutional, residential, civil, road building or oilfield construction sectors.
- Companies must have their head office within Canada and a branch office in Alberta. Public and private companies are eligible.
The company selected will have achieved the highest score based on the selection criteria. All decisions of the adjudication panel are final.
The Contractor of the Year Awards are adjudicated by an independent panel of industry, governmental, and post-secondary figures. To ensure unbiased selection, Alberta Venture and Merit Contractors are not on the awards selection committee.
- Application Deadline – Deadline Extended: January 22, 2016
- Judging will take place in late January. Runners up will be notified in mid-February. Winners will be revealed at the Contractor of the Year Awards Gala on April 21, 2016 at the Westin Calgary
- May 2nd, 2016 – The May issue of Alberta Venture will be published in print and online.
- April 21, 2016 – The Alberta issue of Open Mind will be published in print and online.
- The Contractor of the Year Awards Gala will be held in Calgary in April 2016 – Your team will be honoured by industry leaders at an exclusive awards gala.
Attend the big reveal on April 21, 2016 at the Westin Calgary – plus, be inspired by the keynote address from the Construction Person of the Year.
If you have questions please call 780-990-0839 ext 244 or email email@example.com
If you have additional questions, please call 780-990-0839 ext 243 or email firstname.lastname@example.org