Contractor of the Year Homepage
2013 Contractor of the Year Finalists, Winners and Sponsors
ABOUT THE AWARDS
Now in its fourth year, the Contractor of the Year Awards celebrate the success and hard work of construction companies just like yours. A company is only as strong as the team that supports it. Show your team that their hard work and commitment has created an award-winning organization. As a Contractor of the Year, your company will receive immediate recognition as a key player in Alberta’s construction community.
Applications for the 2014 Awards are open! Click here to review the form.
If you have questions on how to complete the submission form or the adjudication process, please call 780-990-0839 ext 243 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Celebrate the achievements of your team!
Being identified as Contractor of the Year will cement the importance and quality of your company in the minds of business decision-makers throughout Alberta. Successful applicants will:
- Be featured in our May issue of Alberta Venture, the Alberta issue of Open Mind, and online at albertaventure.com. Your story will reach +200,000 business decision-makers through print and online exposure.
- Receive two VIP invites to the Contractor of the Year Awards Gala in Calgary.
- Receive a coupon for 25 free job posts on VentureJobs.ca
Celebrate the achievements of your employees and company and reign for an entire year as one of Alberta’s top contractors!
Trade Contractor of the Year (2 Awards)
- Under $15 million annual revenue
- Over $15 million annual revenue
General Contractor of of the Year (3 Awards)
- Under $50 million annual revenue
- $50 to $250 million annual revenue
- $250+ million annual revenue
Heavy Civil Contractor of the Year (1 Award)
Construction Person of the Year
The Contractor of the Year Awards are adjudicated by an independent panel of industry, governmental, and post-secondary individuals. To ensure unbiased selection, Alberta Venture, Merit Contractors, and ARHCA are not represented on the award selection panel. The construction champions selected will be those businesses that have the highest score based on the selection criteria.
To be eligible, companies must complete all parts of the submission form and meet the following criteria:
- Companies must sell construction services, employ trades people, and/or contract out labour supply in the industrial, commercial, institutional, residential, civil, road building or oilfield construction sectors.
- Companies must have their head office in Canada and a branch office in Alberta.
- Public and private companies are eligible.
- All decisions of the selection panel are final.
- Application Deadline – January 17, 2014
- Judging will take place in late January. Runners up will be notified in mid-February. Winners will be revealed at the Contractor of the Year Awards Gala.
- May 1st, 2014 – The May issue of Alberta Venture will be published in print and online.
- April 15, 2014 – The Alberta issue of Open Mind will be published in print and online.
- The Contractor of the Year Awards Gala will be held in Calgary on April 17th, 2014 – Your team will be honoured by industry leaders at an exclusive awards gala event.